Thyroid goes undiagnosed in many people; know if you are one of them
The thyroid is a small pear-shaped gland situated at the base of our neck. It is a gland with many responsibilities, it controls our weight, regulates metabolism, causes mood swings and might even hinder pregnancy.
The thyroid gland is also responsible for monitoring the storage and usage of the body’s energy. It also produces the thyroid hormone and interacts with a number of organs within the body.
Sadly, many a time, thyroid-related disorders are ignored and go unnoticed. This might cause the disorder to take a turn for the worse and get severe over time.
Here are a few symptoms of thyroid problems that need to be acknowledged and checked out by a medical practitioner.
Both under reactive and over reactive thyroid glands will reflect a variety of symptoms such as –
- A sudden increase in sensitivity to cold
- Pain in the joints
- Abnormal/sudden weight gain
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Problems in the ear
- Difficulty learning things and retaining things in memory
- Loss of hair
- Bowel disorders such as constipation
- Brittle nails
- Skin is dry
- Difficulty getting pregnant
Why is it so important to treat thyroid?
As highlighted previously, the thyroid gland produces the thyroid hormone; this hormone is used by nearly all the cells in the body. For a body to function normally, this hormone must be produced and secreted in controlled levels.
If thyroid disorders are left untreated, it can lead to a variety of severe health complications such as –
- Rapid heart rates, disturbed heartbeat rhythm, and other heart-related problems
- Bones turn brittle and weak
- Problems in the eyes such as red eyes, swollen eyes, blurred or double vision
- Swelling in the skin
- Thyrotoxic crisis
- Degraded mental health and the possibility of depression
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Pregnancy complications
- Birth defects
Homeopathic approach for treating Thyroid
As evident, thyroid disorders have to be taken seriously and proper treatment should be enrolled at the earliest. Among other modes of treatment, Homeopathic treatment for thyroid has been a global favorite for a variety of benefits that include –
- Homeopathy helps the body produce thyroid hormone properly by strengthening the immune system.
- Homeopathy enhances the body’s self-healing power so it can gradually re-active its hormone secreting capability.
- Homeopathic treatments are free of side effects.
- Homeopathy helps treat the hormonal disturbance in the body caused by stress.
- A patient may take homeopathic medication even if they are on conventional medicine.
- When the thyroid disorder is brought into control, dependency on conventional medicine can be removed for good.
Dr Batra’s clinic offers the finest homeopathic treatment for both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. The medications prescribed are based on natural extracts. In other words, the treatment involved is very safe and effective.